A downloadable game for Windows and Android
You are a homeless extraterrestrial living in a futuristic version of Japan. Humans are nearly extinct and Earth is a cesspool of pollution, urban decay, and economic inequality. Struggle to survive in this new style of RPG.
- Choose from 3 alien species. All of them are weird aliens with cool abilities.
- Romance and befriend over 20 characters including a gangster, a breakdancer, a priest, a giant ooze, and a robot serial killer.
- Gain one of 5 pets, each with different abilities and unique personalities.
- Grow your physical, mental, and social stats, and use them to overcome obstacles.
- Do what it takes to survive. Forage, fight, fish, steal, salvage, sneak, shop, beg, get a job, sell your organs, party, get high, gamble, mutate, use psychic powers. There are many paths to success.
- Be a good person or a scoundrel. The karma system tracks it all.
- 60+ endings and achievements.
- Evocative descriptions bring the dystopian world to life. It's a really terrible place!
Alien Squatter contains themes of drug abuse, alcoholism, terminal illness, and sex. It is not intended for children.
Input: keyboard, gamepad
Windows: Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
Processor: 1.8 GHZ
Memory: 768 MB RAM
Storage: 100 MB
|Genre||Role Playing, Simulation, Survival|
|Tags||Open World, Pixel Art, Sandbox|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Gamepad (any)|
- Alien Squatter v1.05 ReleasedMar 23, 2020
- Alien Squatter v1.04.1 ReleasedFeb 27, 2020
- Alien Squatter v1.04 ReleasedDec 15, 2019
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
This is really wonderful - thank you for making it! A funky and fun to explore (if a bit sad) world with a metric ton to see and do. Your writing is evocative and punchy and delightful to read. There are some strong messages in this without being moralizing (and you have the freedom to behave as atrociously or nicely as you want). Great worldbuilding without any heavy exposition - instead you explore to learn.
Also, this works just fine on linux (and presumably mac) if run via WINE. I tried running the base file with the current linux OHRPPGCE engine, and that doesn't work out well :p
I hope you are happy and selfishly, hope you continue to create!
Thanks for the kind message. I am still making games. My current work-in-progress is a visual novel set in an alien movie studio. The Alien Squatter artist is also involved.
Yo! Don't forget your itch.io fans - I see there's no Linux version here, it's not on sale like on Steam, and you don't get a Steam key with the purchase here (currently). Please consider supporting these here~! In the meantime, I'll pick the game up on Steam.
Thanks for the reminder! I'm working on an update for Alien Squatter that will be out this week, I'll put out a Linux version on itch.io at the same time! I'll also do a sale for itch.io at some point in the undisclosed future. In any case, thanks for getting the game on Steam. =D I hope you have a groovy time!
I think you forgot to do this.
I've been having some issues with the Mac and Linux versions of the game so they are currently unavailable on Steam and itch. I'm waiting on an update to the game engine.
Oh. All good man.
This is cool, and you're cool for doing this. Rock on!